Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Loss and funerals

Sometimes I think with all Chad and I have been through this year that things should mellow out soon, and I know that God will not give me more than I can handle...but sometimes I still struggle. Especially with loss...

Not only did we lose Grandma and Eddy this year, I also lost my Aunt Cuca (dad's brother's wife) in July and just this weekend Chad's cousin Ryan passed away.

Aunt Cuca struggled with diabetes for many years and her loss will leave a void in our family. We will miss her tamales and chicken molle (spelling?). Uncle Rudy and the boys will miss her terribly.

Chad's cousin Ryan passed away this weekend, he was only 33 years old...it seems that there was some sort of accident. Ryan was a groomsman in our wedding 14 years ago. Since he was so young, this loss will be tough on his immediate family...especially his mom and brother.

With Chad's grandparents last year, I will have gone to six funerals in the past 16 months...poor Jordan has gone to more funerals in his young life than some adults attend in a lifetime.

While we will miss all these family members tremendously we are always reminded of the memories that we share with them. And for those of us that are left behind to grieve we have the promise that we will see these beloved family members again some day.

Yesterday, I had a "sad moment" when I got to work and for some reason I had to talk to my brother Robbie who is in Iraq. I needed to talk to him at that moment...not quite sure why other than he's always someone I can lean on when I need a friendly voice to talk to. I emailed him and he called me back...we talked for about 20 minutes and when I got off the phone I felt better. I'm not sure why I wrote this other than it confirms that we need these important people in our lives...

Take care everyone and be safe...
Love
Jackie

2 comments:

Faith said...

I am so sorry to hear about Ryan. I remember him from your wedding, it is such a loss. Your family really has been through so much this year! I find myself being so thankful for the hope we have with heaven . . . if it wasn't for that, it would really get depressing wouldn't it. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, call me. I am local now so we can even get together! ;-) Love you.

Unknown said...

Hugs and prayers--Tracy