Thursday, October 14, 2010

There's no place like home!

Well we managed to finally bust free from the joint (hospital) around 5:30pm today. We got Chad home to his parents (since they have only one level) and got him settled. His first request - some Mexican food!

Once we ate dinner I went running for prescriptions and clothes etc. Got kids to bed and organized the drugs that Chad needs to take and color coded them (there are so many that was the only way I would not lose my mind).

I want to send out a BIG thank you to the staff at OP Regional that cared for him while we were there. Everyone from the doctors, nurses, respiratory therapy, food service and housekeeping were wonderful. As far as hospital stays go I think we had one of the best experiences. I thank all of you for the wonderful prayers that helped in sending these folks our way. Thank you.

Chad is really tired today...I think waiting all day and then traveling home wore him out. Hopefully he has a good night sleep and is stronger tomorrow. We should have a home health nurse visit tomorrow so we will rest and wait for that.

Happy Birthday today to my SIL - Cathy! Hope you had a great day!

Good night for now and I will write more later...
LY
Jackie

No comments: