Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 12 & 13

This weekend was pretty uneventful...I've even gotten better at being an at home nurse. I have to hook up the antibiotic and flush his line after the two hour dose in the evening. Usually every night there is some sort of malfunction with either the user or the machine and we have to trouble shoot and fix the problem. It looks like Tuesday will be the last day of the treatment so of course now that we are really good at hooking it up it will end. But that is OK...It might end up that he only needs to go to the clinic every other day once this antibiotic is complete.

All we really want now is a day we do not have to get up at the crack of dawn and come into the clinic...a real day of rest.

I also have to admit that I do not care for cooking especially for only two...I seem to be overcooking most things because I am paranoid that I will leave something undercooked and he will get food poising an cannot fight it. I have made some really good meals but he was so sick at the time that he did not even feel like eating. I'm not afraid to admit that I really like it when Chad does the cooking...he has really spoiled me these last five years. I seem to cook breakfast and lunch OK but struggle when it comes to dinner...

Connie brought over a few movies this weekend since we cannot go to bed at night until after the antibiotic is done and it does not start until about 9pm...tonight's movie "Unstoppable."

Well that is all I have for now...again we are hoping for a easier week with his counts continuing to rise and maybe less visits to the clinic. I'm scheduled to go back to work next Monday so I need him to be released so that this can happen.

Connie's bringing her world famous cinnamon rolls to the clinic tomorrow so we can say thank you for all the good care that we have received from the staff. They really have all been great.

Happy Sunday all...

Hugs,
Jackie

No comments: