Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 17 - We have been released!

This is the machine that collected his stem cells back in April - I found it fascinating...especially the part on the left that looks like a radiator. It actually warmed up his blood before it was returned back to his body.
Outpatient BMT Unit (Bone Marrow Transplant)
This is where we spent the last month!


This is the sign outside the door to the BMT unit - I really like bullet #5 (Extreme Tiredness - Do not enter) some days I had to laugh because we were there at 7am everyday and were EXTREMELY TIRED!


Shelli - working on taking out Chad's pick-line (she has a great smile).




Chad and the BMT Nurses - They were all wonderful!

Chad is still neutropenic (basically until his counts all return) he has to be careful and keep the same precautions that we have had this last month but I'll be giving him some freedom when I return to work on Monday.




No comments: