Well we've almost made it to 30 days post transplant - just a few more days!
Chad has weekly labs starting next Tuesday for the following three weeks then he sees the doctor on the 14th. He is very anxious to return to work and is feeling better each and everyday. We just need them to be able to find a vein easily as his veins are shot from the prior chemo last year.
We had a little excitement in "The Burg" on Wednesday when a very small tornado touched down only two blocks from our house. Chad was actually outside saving the glass patio table top when it must have been passing over the house. After it hit 10 minutes later the sirens went off and Chad hit the road to try and get to Isabel (as the tornado was heading that direction). It stopped at the cemetery - which is close to daycare.
Chad had a hard time trying to get there as the police would not let him through. I finally got ahold of daycare and everything was fine. Then I heard there were touch downs around 135th and Metcalf and Jordan was at a movie with the entire 6th grade class at 135th and Antioch. I called school when he would not answer his phone and they had heard from a teacher that all was good. Monty, Connie and Grandma Foster were all OK too...it just knocked down some power lines over by Grandma's and downed some trees took off shingles etc.
Wow - what a day and Chad thought he was going to be board!
Hopefully this weekend is less eventful! I am donating platelets on Sunday and taking Isabel for her 5-year pictures (we have a very cute outfit I must add as well). I'll post a link when they are available. Much to do as I am making Isabel's birthday cake for Monday's party as well.
Remember the Veterans and everyone out there who are serving our country near and far!
Hugs,
Jackie
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jackie, I am so sorry it's taken me so long to catch up on your life. I've followed a bit on FB, but this is the first I've been able to read the whole "journey" on your blog.
While I can relate to some of the waiting and praying and hoping for test results, etc. I cannot imagine going through all that you've gone through. I will continue to pray for healing for Chad, strength for you, and peace and courage for your children.
Tell your family "hi" for me. I'm glad everyone is safe after the storms. My husband has a niece in Joplin. She is fine, but works at the Boys & Girls Club and lost some kids and their families.
I will continue to follow your journey, and you will be in my prayers!
Blessings!
Nancy
Thank you Nancy...I loved seeing your Disney pictures and someday hope to get back there and the beach. Chad is doing so much better now and is very anxious to get back to work. Thank you for the prayers...glad your niece is ok in Joplin. One of my High School friend's dad lived in Joplin and is ok...he lost his home and most everything in it but he is one of the survivors! So awful down there. Chad's dad is going down today to help with some men from our church. I want to go...but now is not that time for me. Take care and thanks again...LY Jackie
Post a Comment